All content and information found on this page are for informational purposes only and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The FDA hasn't evaluated the statements provided on this page. Make sure you consult with a licensed doctor before taking any supplement or making any changes to your diet or exercise plan. Individual results may vary.
The display of third-party trademarks and trade names on this site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or endorsements of our website. If you click a merchant link and buy a product or service on their website, we may be paid a fee by the merchant.
1. Holowka, N.B., Wynands, B., Drechsel, T.J. et al. Foot callus thickness does not trade off protection for tactile sensitivity during walking. Nature 571, 261–264 (2019). https://doi.org/10.1038/s41586-019-1345-6
2. Prevent Falls and Fractures, NIH, https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/prevent-falls-and-fractures
3. Dionyssiotis Y. Analyzing the problem of falls among older people. Int J Gen Med. 2012;5:805-813 https://doi.org/10.2147/IJGM.S32651
4. Important Facts about Falls, CDC, https://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/falls/adultfalls.html
5. Yoshiro Okubo, PhD, Daina L Sturnieks, PhD, Matthew A Brodie, PhD, Lionne Duran, MS, Stephen R Lord, PhD, DSc, Effect of Reactive Balance Training Involving Repeated Slips and Trips on Balance Recovery Among Older Adults: A Blinded Randomized Controlled Trial, The Journals of Gerontology: Series A, Volume 74, Issue 9, September 2019, Pages 1489–1496, https://doi.org/10.1093/gerona/glz021
6. Fall Safety: Take Steps to Remain Independent Longer, NSC, https://www.nsc.org/home-safety/safety-topics/older-adult-falls
7. Institute of Medicine (US) Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention; Berg RL, Cassells JS, editors. The Second Fifty Years: Promoting Health and Preventing Disability. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 1992. 15, Falls in Older Persons: Risk Factors and Prevention. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK235613/
8. Why Are Falls So Dangerous for the Elderly? https://www.agingcare.com/articles/falls-prove-fatal-for-elderly-patient-149687.htm
9. Aranda-Gallardo M, Morales-Asencio JM, Enriquez de Luna-Rodriguez M, et al Characteristics, consequences and prevention of falls in institutionalised older adults in the province of Malaga (Spain): a prospective, cohort, multicentre study BMJ Open 2018;8:e020039 https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/8/2/e020039
10. Fear of Falling, https://www.physio-pedia.com/Fear_of_Falling
11. Falls in Older People, https://www.merckmanuals.com/home/older-people%E2%80%99s-health-issues/falls/falls-in-older-people
12. Born to Walk Barefoot, https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/17/well/move/born-to-walk-barefoot.html
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 1444 S. Entertainment Ave., Suite 410 Boise, ID 83709, USA and used by permission. ClickBank's role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.